Peer Support Network Volunteer Center
The first step to becoming a Peer Support Network volunteer is to complete an Initial Interest Survey. Within a few days you will receive a call from one of our staff to discuss the Peer Support Network with you in more detail. If you have questions about the Peer Support Network please contact our patient educator at 1.800.747.2820, option 1.
Are you looking to speak with Peer Support Network volunteer? Call 800.747.2820, option 1.
What is the Peer Support Network Program?
The Peer Support Network Program consists of a national network of volunteers, including patients, caregivers and family members, willing to listen and offer comfort and support to patients, their family members and caregivers. Volunteers may also choose to share personal experiences, feelings, coping techniques, problem solving skills, and informational resources that they feel may be helpful. Volunteers are of all ages and from all walks of life. Peer support sessions take place over the phone.
To become a Peer Support Network Volunteer and begin receiving referrals you must:
- Complete and submit an Initial Interest Survey.
- Speak with a patient educator about your interest.
- Create an account on the Peer Support Network Volunteer Center.
- Read the Training Manual for Peer Support Network Volunteers.
- Create a Peer Support Network volunteer Profile.
- Participate in a Peer Support Network volunteer training call.
- Read, sign and return a copy of the "Volunteer Agreement of Understanding & Statement of Confidentiality" to AA&MDSIF.
What is the Peer Support Network Volunteer Center?
The Peer Support Network (PSN) Volunteer Center is the central online portal for all PSN volunteer information. Through this portal you can:
- Create and update your PSN volunteer profile.
- Edit your PSN Volunteer Center account information.
- Read various articles aimed at helping you become a better PSN volunteer.
- Find out about PSN training opportunities.
If you have further questions about the Peer Support Network volunteer Center or becoming a volunteer, please contact one of our patient educators at 1.800.747.2820, option 1.